Friday 11 March 2011

Rhythm and Line...

Similarly to Naomi, I am also very conscious that this is the last major project of our second year and the idea of moving into the 3rd year is terrifying, but at the same time exciting.

As a starting point for this project I've chosen to use some of the vast collection of photographs that I took whilst travelling around London. During my time there I was captivated by the constant rhythm of both the people galavanting around the city and the transport network but also of the general surroundings. Many of the photographs I took focus on line, pattern and shape and in some cases all 3 and I want to translate these qualities and the rhythm that can run through them into my knitting. 

I have combined these photos with research into current trends and colours for SS11 in order to develope a range of samples that are contemporary and interesting.

Above are a couple examples of sketchbook pages which I feel portray this feeling of rhythm best.

No comments:

Post a Comment