Thursday 10 March 2011

Denim Inspiration...




So this project is the final big one of the year, which I can't lie, I am a little nervous about. I love knitting and I don't know what I'd do without it!

My inspiration has come from looking at the natural world. The photographs I took contained lots of texture and the images were quite grotty and dirty. This then made me think about distressing a sample of knit. I did a test on a scrap bit of denim and then moved onto knit. However during that week I had a revelation. I could use a denim yarn.

This train of process has led me onto creating a denim inspired knitted garment. I want to take all the characteristics of denim, such as customization and create a narrative for that garment. Below are a few examples of my inspiration, these were took on a visit to Formby beach.



No comments:

Post a Comment